The Bendigo Agricultural Show Society (presumably the Bendigo Agricultural and Horticultural Society, based on references to the show and their use of BAHS certificates on their web site) was established in 1859. It aimed to promote farming practices and celebrate rural achievements. It has conducted an Annual Show every year since that time, with the exception of the War years.

Until 1968 the show was held at what is now known as the Tom Flood Sport Centre. In 1968 the society held its first show at the current site of the Prince of Wales Showgrounds. The site is managed by the Society with voluntary Committee members promoting the various Agricultural products within the region.

Bendigo Agricultural Society Inc. website

More Information