Summary

Plan showing elevations of the H.V.McKay Massey Harris, Sunshine Harvestor Works Factory head office at Sunshine, Victoria.

Part of a collection of photographs, negatives, moving film, artefacts, documents and trade literature belonging to the H. V. McKay Sunshine Collection. The McKay collection is regarded as one of the most significant industrial heritage collections in Australia. The collection relates to the agricultural manufacturing firm, the Sunshine Harvester Works. The Australian operations of this company were originally founded by Hugh V. McKay in the 1890s in Ballarat. Between 1906 and 1907, McKay moved production to Sunshine where the firm became one of the largest industrial businesses in Australia. Change in ownership is a recurring theme in the company's history. In 1930, it merged with Massey-Harris to become H.V McKay Massey Harris. In the mid-1950s, the company was absorbed by Canadian agricultural firm Massey-Ferguson. Production in Sunshine ceased in the mid-1980s, following almost 100 years of manufacturing agricultural equipment.

Physical Description

Plan showing elevations of the H.V.McKay Massey Harris, Sunshine Harvestor Works Factory head office, at Sunshine Victoria. Dated 1935. Plan shows three elevations: Front elevation [Section A A], Gound Floor, and First Floor. Plan also shows Railway Place and Devonshire Road surrounding office. Plan is drawn on a cream drafting paper in black ink. Significant loss to lower right hand edge of plan, and upper left hand corner. Adhesive tape repairs throughout.

More Information