Photograph of4 tractors coupled to rotary slashers .

Part of a collection of photographs, moving film, artefacts, documents and trade literature relating to Massey Ferguson (Aust.) Ltd and its predecessors. The Australian operations of this company were originally founded by Hugh V. McKay, at Ballarat, in the late 1880s, and by 1895 was operating as the Sunshine Harvester Works. After relocating to Braybrook Junction (later renamed 'Sunshine') on the western outskirts of Melbourne, during 1904-1907, the business rapidly developed into the largest agricultural implement works in the southern hemisphere. In 1930, H.V. McKay merged with the Australian operations of the Canadian firm, Massey Harris Ltd, of Toronto, becoming H.V. McKay Massey Harris Pty Ltd. In 1955, this company was fully absorbed into the growing multinational corporation that became Massey Ferguson Ltd in 1958.

Description of Content

Product training school showing four Tractors: MF135, MF35, TEA20 and MF175. They are each coupled to either a MF40 or MF45 Rotary Slasher. Twenty men, mostlty dressed in white overalls, are inspecting the equipment. A sugar cane field is in the background. The slashers were made by McLeod of Murwillumbah, New South Wales.

Physical Description

Black and white photograph

More Information