Summary

Black and white, silver gelatin photograph of drivers with parked Kodak delivery vehicles outside the Kodak Australasia black and white photo-finishing and photo-chemicals processing factory in Burnley, 1953-1954. The building used to be the old Barnes Honey Factory.

Kodak manufactured and distributed a wide range of photographic products to Australasia, such as film, paper, chemicals, cameras and miscellaneous equipment. Its client base included amateur and professional photographers, as well as specialist medical and graphic art professionals who used photography, x-ray and other imaging techniques.

This photograph is part of the Kodak collection of products, promotional materials, photographs and working life artefacts collected from Kodak Australasia in 2005, when the Melbourne manufacturing plant at Coburg closed down.

Description of Content

Image consists of a street view of the Kodak photo-finishing laboratory and Powder and Solution (photo-chemicals) Department. One side of the brick building is depicted and to the left, there appears to be a yard and vehicle entrance. There are six Kodak pick-up vans/cars parked in the street with six Kodak staff standing next to each vehicle.

Physical Description

Black and white, silver gelatin photograph, printed on light weight paper, landscape format with a white border.

More Information