Photograph of MF587 Auto Header Harvester in factory car park.

Part of a collection of photographs, moving film, artefacts, documents and trade literature relating to Massey Ferguson (Aust.) Ltd and its predecessors. The Australian operations of this company were originally founded by Hugh V. McKay, at Ballarat, in the late 1880s, and by 1895 was operating as the Sunshine Harvester Works. After relocating to Braybrook Junction (later renamed 'Sunshine') on the western outskirts of Melbourne, during 1904-1907, the business rapidly developed into the largest agricultural implement works in the southern hemisphere. In 1930, H.V. McKay merged with the Australian operations of the Canadian firm, Massey Harris Ltd, of Toronto, becoming H.V. McKay Massey Harris Pty Ltd. In 1955, this company was fully absorbed into the growing multinational corporation that became Massey Ferguson Ltd in 1958.

Description of Content

Group of men examining for audit the new MF587 Auto Header Harvester in Sunshine Factory car park. All the men are wearing safety glasses.Top centre from left are: Bob Johnson, John Thomas and an unknown man. Bottom standing from left: Doug Wilshire, Brian Hooper, JackDay, an unknown man and Graham Hardiman.

Physical Description

Black and white photograph

More Information