Black and white photograph of the Kodak Australasia Pty Ltd 'Kodak House' building on Elizabeth St, Hobart, Tasmania, circa 1959. This street view shows cars and pedestrians on the busy street out front, as well as neighbouring businesses like 'Le Chat Noir' coffee bar, a beauty salon and butchers.
This image is part of the Kodak collection of products, promotional materials, photographs and working life artefacts collected from Kodak Australasia in 2005, when the Melbourne manufacturing plant at Coburg closed down.
Kodak manufactured and distributed a wide range of photographic products to Australasia, such as film, paper, chemicals, cameras and miscellaneous equipment. Its client base included amateur and professional photographers, as well as specialist medical and graphic art professionals who used photography, x-ray and other imaging techniques.
Description of Content
Streetscape of buildings. Motor cars parked in street. People on footpath.
Black & white photograph on medium weight paper.
Donation from Kodak (Australasia) Pty Ltd, Ms. Kate Metcalf - Kodak (Australasia) Pty Ltd, 2005
Courtesy of Kodak (Australasia) Pty Ltd.
Place & Date Depicted
Photograph, Black & White
Type of item
Image Dimensions - Photograph
202 mm (Width), 204 mm (Height)