Black and white photograph of the shop front window display in 'Kodak House' on Elizabeth St, Hobart, Tasmania, circa 1959. The display focuses on Kodak flash cameras, and features a giant model flash camera in the centre of the display, with streamers coming from the ceiling and a multitude of camera models arranged throughout the space.
This image is part of the Kodak collection of products, promotional materials, photographs and working life artefacts collected from Kodak Australasia in 2005, when the Melbourne manufacturing plant at Coburg closed down.
Kodak manufactured and distributed a wide range of photographic products to Australasia, such as film, paper, chemicals, cameras and miscellaneous equipment. Its client base included amateur and professional photographers, as well as specialist medical and graphic art professionals who used photography, x-ray and other imaging techniques.
Description of Content
Shopfront display of cameras and photographic equipment. There is a large model flash camera in the centre of the display, with a multitude of flash cameras arranged throughout, alongside posters and decorative streamers.
Black & white photograph on lightweight paper, landscape format.
Donation from Kodak (Australasia) Pty Ltd, Ms. Kate Metcalf - Kodak (Australasia) Pty Ltd, 2005
Courtesy of Kodak (Australasia) Pty Ltd.
Place & Date Depicted
Photograph, Black & White
Text, handwritten reverse: 'Hobart.'
Type of item
Image Dimensions - Photograph
219 mm (Width), 164 mm (Height)
Photography, Industry, Manufacturing, Photographic Products, Retailing, Shops, Shopfronts, Retail Displays, Retail Sales, Cameras, Photographic Flash Attachments, Photographic Flash Bulbs, Photographic Flash Units