Black and white photograph of a Kodak Australasia Ltd shop in Townsville, Queensland, circa 1911 - 1920. They are situated next to the Townsville fire station. This store also promotes the sale of records as well as cameras and photographic supplies. A man is looking at a window display of gramophones.
This image is part of the Kodak collection of products, promotional materials, photographs and working life artefacts collected from Kodak Australasia in 2005, when the Melbourne manufacturing plant at Coburg closed down.
Kodak manufactured and distributed a wide range of photographic products to Australasia, such as film, paper, chemicals, cameras and miscellaneous equipment. Its client base included amateur and professional photographers, as well as specialist medical and graphic art professionals who used photography, x-ray and other imaging techniques.
Description of Content
Exterior of timber, single storey Kodak shop with dirt road in the foreground and a firestation and telegraph pole in the far right of the image. Exterior of a building. One man is looking in one of the front windows at a gramophone display. Another two men are walking on the footpath.
Sepia toned photograph on medium weight paper, landscape format
Donation from Kodak (Australasia) Pty Ltd, Ms. Kate Metcalf - Kodak (Australasia) Pty Ltd, 2005
Courtesy of Kodak (Australasia) Pty Ltd.
Place & Date Depicted
Photograph, Black & White
Type of item
Image Dimensions - Photograph
213 mm (Width), 165 mm (Height)