Black & white photograph of the demolished northern section of the eastern annexe of the Exhibition Building, 1971. In this photograph the White Ensign Club section of the building has been demolished to reveal the rear of the Director's residence. The northern section of the eastern annexe was demolished between August and September 1971.

This is one of 959 photographs (or images) of the Exhibition Building collated by the Exhibition Trustees as a 10 volume pictorial history of the Exhibition Building spanning the years 1880 to 1985. The pictorial history was instigated by the centenary of the Exhibition Building in 1980 and forms part of a larger Royal Exhibition Building collection of documents, photographs, objects and research files.

Description of Content

Demolished northern section of eastern annexe viewed from north west. In the foreground is bricks and rubble with the southern section of the eastern annexe in the middle ground.

Physical Description

A black & white silver gelatin print on a page of a photograph album. There is a printed caption below the photograph.


The Exhibition Trustees' album containing this photograph provides an invaluable visual record of past maintenance and restoration work undertaken on the Royal Exhibition Buildings prior to the building being recognised with a World Heritage Listing in 2004.

More Information