Black & white photograph of the redeveloped site of the northern section of the eastern annexe of the Exhibition Building, 1972. The northern section of the eastern annexe was demolished between August and September 1971. This photograph shows the rear section of the Director's residency, the 'Mews' and the new car park.

This is one of 959 photographs (or images) of the Exhibition Building collated by the Exhibition Trustees as a 10 volume pictorial history of the Exhibition Building spanning the years 1880 to 1985. The pictorial history was instigated by the centenary of the Exhibition Building in 1980 and forms part of a larger Royal Exhibition Building collection of documents, photographs, objects and research files.

Description of Content

In the foreground is a car park with parked cars, grass divider strip and lighting pole with the residency in the middle ground on the left and the southern section of the eastern annexe on the right hand side of the photograph.

Physical Description

A black & white silver gelatin print on a page of a photograph album. There is a printed caption below the photograph.

More Information