Black & white photograph of the new entrance to the northern car park from Nicholson Street, September 1971. The east central entrance of the eastern annexe was demolished between August and September 1971 to make the entrance to the northern car park.

This is one of 959 photographs (or images) of the Exhibition Building collated by the Exhibition Trustees as a 10 volume pictorial history of the Exhibition Building spanning the years 1880 to 1985. The pictorial history was instigated by the centenary of the Exhibition Building in 1980 and forms part of a larger Royal Exhibition Building collection of documents, photographs, objects and research files.

Description of Content

A car park with cars leading through to the northern car park. On the left of the photograph is a remaining section of the eastern annexe. On the right hand side is a small building (the "Mews") and some large trees.

Physical Description

A black & white silver gelatin print on a page of a photograph album. There is a printed caption below the photograph.

More Information