Black & white photograph of the Royale Ballroom site after demolition, taken from the West, 1 May 1979. The Royale Ballroom was demolished between March and May 1979.

This is one of 959 photographs (or images) of the Exhibition Building collated by the Exhibition Trustees as a 10 volume pictorial history of the Exhibition Building spanning the years 1880 to 1985. The pictorial history was instigated by the centenary of the Exhibition Building in 1980 and forms part of a larger Royal Exhibition Building collection of documents, photographs, objects and research files.

Description of Content

View of the west side of the Royale Ballroom site after demolition. Convent on Nicholson Street can be seen in the background as well as commissioned housing flats in Fitzroy.

Physical Description

A black & white silver gelatin print on a page of a photograph album. There is a printed caption below the photograph.

More Information