Black & white photograph of the south wall of the Eastern Annexe viewed through the bushes and flowers of the surrounding gardens in 1971. The Great Hall can be seen in the left of the photograph and the Stadium Annexe.
This is one of 959 photographs (or images) of the Exhibition Building collated by the Exhibition Trustees as a 10 volume pictorial history of the Exhibition Building spanning the years 1880 to 1985. The pictorial history was instigated by the centenary of the Exhibition Building in 1980 and forms part of a larger Royal Exhibition Building collection of documents, photographs, objects and research files.
Description of Content
This photograph shows a view of the south wall of the Eastern Annexe through the bushes and flowers of the surrounding gardens in 1971. The Great Hall and Stadium Annexe can be seen in the left of the photograph.
A black & white silver gelatin print on a page of a photograph album. There is a printed caption below the photograph.
The Exhibition Trustees' album containing this photograph provides an invaluable visual record of past maintenance and restoration work undertaken on the Royal Exhibition Buildings prior to the building being recognised with a World Heritage Listing in 2004.
Transfer from Trustees of the Royal Exhibition Building (REB), 01/2000
Place & Date Depicted
Photograph, Black & White
Printed below photograph: South wall of Eastern Annexe. At left, Great Hall and / Stadium Annexe - 1971.
Type of item
Image Dimensions - Photograph
248 mm (Width), 161 mm (Height)
Buildings, Exhibitions: Melbourne International, 1880-1881, Royal Exhibition Building, Royal Exhibition Building Trustees, Royal Exhibition Building: Eastern Annexe, Royal Exhibition Building: History of Events, 1970-1979