Black & white photograph looking through the doorway that leads to the Stadium Anenxe from the Great Hall, Exhibition Buildings, in 1971.
The Stadium Annexe was built at the rear of the Exhibition Buildings, running east-west off the Eastern Annexe, in October 1956. It was demolished in 1972 as part of the redevelopment of the Eastern Annexe site, following the demolition of the northern end of the Annexe throughout August and September 1971.
This is one of 959 photographs (or images) of the Exhibition Building collated by the Exhibition Trustees as a 10 volume pictorial history of the Exhibition Building spanning the years 1880 to 1985. The pictorial history was instigated by the centenary of the Exhibition Building in 1980 and forms part of a larger Royal Exhibition Building collection of documents, photographs, objects and research files.
Description of Content
View looking through the entrance doorway from the Great Hall into the Stadium Anenxe, with the clearly visible 'ENTRANCE' sign, and a range of vans on display in the Annexe.
A black & white silver gelatin print on a page of a photograph album. There is a printed caption below the photograph.
The Exhibition Trustees' album containing this photograph provides an invaluable visual record of past maintenance and restoration work undertaken on the Royal Exhibition Buildings prior to the building being recognised with a World Heritage Listing in 2004.
Transfer from Trustees of the Royal Exhibition Building (REB), 01/2000
Place & Date Depicted
Photograph, Black & White
Printed below photograph: Entranced[sic] to Stadium Annexe from Great Hall 1971.
Type of item
Image Dimensions - Photograph
161 mm (Width), 247 mm (Height)