Black and white photograph of Wyeera Training Centre, 1971. The image shows the arrival of one convoy of new machinery worth $55,000 for the centre in preparation for dealer personnel courses.

Part of a collection of photographs, moving film, artefacts, documents and trade literature relating to Massey Ferguson (Aust.) Ltd and its predecessors. The Australian operations of this company were originally founded by Hugh V. McKay, at Ballarat, in the late 1880s, and by 1895 was operating as the Sunshine Harvester Works. After relocating to Braybrook Junction (later renamed 'Sunshine') on the western outskirts of Melbourne, during 1904-1907, the business rapidly developed into the largest agricultural implement works in the southern hemisphere. In 1930, H.V. McKay merged with the Australian operations of the Canadian firm, Massey Harris Ltd, of Toronto, becoming H.V. McKay Massey Harris Pty Ltd. In 1955, this company was fully absorbed into the growing multinational corporation that became Massey Ferguson Ltd in 1958.

Description of Content

Aerial view of the Massey Ferguson 'Wyeera Educational Centre', with a range of agricultural equipment on display in front of the building. Haystack and paddocks behind building. The sign has been repainted from the original north American spelling of 'center' to the Australian/English spelling of 'centre'.

Physical Description

Black and white photograph

More Information