Black and white photograph of Wyeera Training Centre, circa 1966.

Massey Ferguson's Wyeera Education Centre was established in 1966, situated on a 250 acre property on Taylors Road, St Albans, Victoria, where staff and dealers involved in the firm's Australian and overseas operations were brought for training in the operation of tractors, industrial machinery and harvesting equipment produced by the company. The centre's name was taken from an Aboriginal word meaning 'to till' or 'dig the soil'. The facility was closed in 1978.

Part of a collection of photographs, moving film, artefacts, documents and trade literature relating to Massey Ferguson (Aust.) Ltd. The Australian operations of the company were originally founded as Hugh V. McKay in the 1890s. In 1930, the H.V. McKay firm merged with Massey Harris's Australian operations to become H.V. McKay Massey Harris Pty Ltd. In 1955, this company was in turn absorbed into the Massey-Ferguson global entity, and was renamed Massey Ferguson (Aust.) Limited in 1958.

Description of Content

View of the Massey Ferguson Wyeera Educational Centre, St Albans. A range of tractors on display in front of the building, together with two buses, a number of cars and a large group of men.

Physical Description

Black and white photograph

More Information