Black and white photograph of staff from the Film Emulsion Department at Kodak Limited, Harrow, England, taken May 1950.
The photograph features over one hundred men and women staff seated and sitting in front of a Kodak factory building.
This photograph is related to a number of other photographs and a manuscript written by Margaret D Gauntlett, titled 'A History of Kodak Limited', issued by Kodak Limited in Harrow, United Kingdom, 1978 (HT 33653).
Part of a collection of research material and artefacts assembled by former Kodak Australasia employee Nigel Beale while he was writing Kodak's company history in the 1980s.
Kodak manufactured and distributed a wide range of photographic products to Australasia, such as film, paper, chemicals, cameras and miscellaneous equipment. Its client base included amateur and professional photographers, as well as specialist medical, educational, defence, scientific and graphic art professionals who used photography, x-ray and other imaging techniques.
Description of Content
Over one hundred men and women seated and standing in front of a brick building. The women are seated in the front row, at either end, with men in between. There is grass at the people's feet. The building is made of bricks with white concrete decorative detail, and it has only one window, at far right.
Black and white landscape photograph mounted on cream card, with two line caption printed underneath the print on the mountboard.
Donation from Barbara Beale, 07 Mar 2012
Photograph, Black & White
Front, bottom, black ink, printed: 'FILM EMULSION DEPT., HARROW. / MAY, 1950.'
Type of item