Black and white photograph of a Kodak Australasia Pty Ltd exhibition stand or trade show booth at the 20th Century Exhibition held at 'Craigs Buildings', Melbourne, 1938. There are freestanding glass cabinets, display boards, framed photographs and freestanding cardboard signs. The entrance is flanked by two potted pine trees and the company name is written above the entrance with the booth number '7'.
This photograph is part of the Kodak collection of products, promotional materials, photographs and working life artefacts collected from Kodak Australasia in 2005, when the Melbourne manufacturing plant at Coburg closed down.
Kodak manufactured and distributed a wide range of photographic products to Australasia, such as film, paper, chemicals, cameras and miscellaneous equipment. Its client base included amateur and professional photographers, as well as specialist medical and graphic art professionals who used photography, x-ray and other imaging techniques.
Description of Content
Exhibition/trade show display stand with cameras, photographic accessories, promotional signs and display furniture. Kodak (A'Asia) Pty Ltd written above entrance.
Black and white photograph on light weight paper; landscape format with white border. Torn at right edge. Stamps and handwritten inscriptions on reverse.
Donation from Kodak (Australasia) Pty Ltd, Ms. Kate Metcalf - Kodak (Australasia) Pty Ltd, 2005
Courtesy of Kodak (Australasia) Pty Ltd.
Photograph, Black & White
Reverse, handwritten: 'Century Exhibition 1938 / Craig's Blgs / Melbourne / [indecipherable text]' Reverse, stamped, black ink: 'Athol Shmith Studio / ILLUSTRATIVE PHOTOGRAPHY / [....] MELBOURNE. WINDSOR 7141'
Type of item
Image Dimensions - Photograph
190 mm (Width), 155 mm (Height)
Retailing, Sales, Marketing, Photographic Equipment & Supplies, Photographic Products, Photographic Film, Retail Displays, Retail Display Materials, Trade Exhibitions, Signage, Cameras, Promotional Materials, Trade Shows, Trade Fairs, Exhibitions