Monochrome photograph of a Kodak Australasia Pty Ltd 'Functional Photography' exhibition display stand or trade show booth at the Chemical Industries Exposition held in Sydney in September 1938. This is an angled, side view of the stand. There is a glass cabinet at one end of the display full of photographic chemicals, as well as a projection screen set into the wall, and photographs arranged around the walls and the entranceway pillar.
This photograph is part of the Kodak collection of products, promotional materials, photographs and working life artefacts collected from Kodak Australasia in 2005, when the Melbourne manufacturing plant at Coburg closed down.
Kodak manufactured and distributed a wide range of photographic products to Australasia, such as film, paper, chemicals, cameras and miscellaneous equipment. Its client base included amateur and professional photographers, as well as specialist medical and graphic art professionals who used photography, x-ray and other imaging techniques.
Description of Content
Angled side view of exhibition/trade show display stand with walls and entranceway pillar decorated with photographs. On the main wall there are backlit images set into the wall and a television set in the corner. A glass display cabinet sits against the far left wall.
Monochrome photograph on light weight paper; landscape format with white border.
Donation from Kodak (Australasia) Pty Ltd, Ms. Kate Metcalf - Kodak (Australasia) Pty Ltd, 2005
Courtesy of Kodak (Australasia) Pty Ltd.
Place & Date Depicted
Photograph, Black & White
Type of item
Image Dimensions - Photograph
181 mm (Width), 153 mm (Height)
Retailing, Sales, Marketing, Photographic Equipment & Supplies, Photographic Products, Photographic Film, Retail Displays, Retail Display Materials, Trade Exhibitions, Signage, Cameras, Promotional Materials, Trade Shows, Trade Fairs, Exhibitions, Chemical Industry Exhibitions