Black and white photograph of a Kodak Australasia Pty Ltd shop interior wall lined with glass-fronted display cabinets containing photographic products, cameras and film. The photograph is one of three of this location, taken in 1940 and kept by Mr J.S. Mortley, then Advertising Manager at Abbotsford.
This image is part of the Kodak collection of products, promotional materials, photographs and working life artefacts collected from Kodak Australasia in 2005, when the Melbourne manufacturing plant at Coburg closed down.
Kodak manufactured and distributed a wide range of photographic products to Australasia, such as film, paper, chemicals, cameras and miscellaneous equipment. Its client base included amateur and professional photographers, as well as specialist medical and graphic art professionals who used photography, x-ray and other imaging techniques.
Description of Content
Glass fronted display cabinets set into timber wall, with framed photographs of sheep and rural scenes displayed above the cabinets. Cabinets contain cameras and film.
Black and white photograph on light weight paper; landscape format with white border.
Donation from Kodak (Australasia) Pty Ltd, Ms. Kate Metcalf - Kodak (Australasia) Pty Ltd, 2005
Courtesy of Kodak (Australasia) Pty Ltd.
Photograph, Black & White
Reverse, watermark: 'VELOX' Reverse, handwritten, crayon: '1940'
Type of item
Image Dimensions - Photograph
105 mm (Width), 79 mm (Height)