Kodak Australasia Pty Ltd brochure titled 'Images of Discovery', issued in 1990 to celebrate the 60 year anniversary of the Kodak Australasia Research Laboratory. The booklet outlines the lab's history, from its inception in 1935 under the direction of Dr Neil Lewis, to its current activities in the 1980s.
This document contributes to the Kodak Heritage Collection of products, promotional materials, photographs and working life artefacts collected from Kodak Australasia Pty Ltd in 2005, when the Melbourne manufacturing plant at Coburg closed down.
Kodak Australasia Pty Ltd manufactured and distributed a wide range of photographic products to Australasia, such as film, paper, chemicals, cameras and miscellaneous equipment. Its client base included amateur and professional photographers, as well as specialist medical and graphic art professionals who used photography, x-ray and other imaging techniques.
Description of Content
Group of eight men in two rows, front row seated in brown, reclining seats. There is a wooden coffee table with two ashtrays in the foregrouns and a brick wall with black and white illustrations in the background.
Fold out brochure with printed text and photographic illustrations
Cover, printed, black ink: 'IMAGES OF / DISCOVERY'
Type of item