Black and white block mounted photograph of the exterior of a Kodak Australasia Ltd building in Townsville, Queensland. It is one of eight black and white mounted photographs of Kodak Australasia Pty Ltd building exteriors and shop fronts in Australia and New Zealand.
This image is part of the Kodak collection of products, promotional materials, photographs and working life artefacts collected from Kodak Australasia in 2005, when the Melbourne manufacturing plant at Coburg closed down.
Kodak manufactured and distributed a wide range of photographic products to Australasia, such as film, paper, chemicals, cameras and miscellaneous equipment. Its client base included amateur and professional photographers, as well as specialist medical and graphic art professionals who used photography, x-ray and other imaging techniques.
Description of Content
Exterior view of a single storey Kodak Australasia Limited building in Townsville. Mounted on the veranda roof is a large 'Kodak' sign, below it is another sign that reads; 'Kodak [Australais Limited.] Incorporating Baker and Rouse. Cameras, photographic supplies. Pathephone Agency, the machine with the human voice'. Displayed in the windows are advertisments for Pathephone, Austral plates and papers, and No.2 Brownie cameras. Object in the window include phonographs and cameras.
Black and white block mounted photograph.
Donation from Kodak (Australasia) Pty Ltd, Ms. Kate Metcalf - Kodak (Australasia) Pty Ltd, 2005
Courtesy of Kodak (Australasia) Pty Ltd.
Place & Date Depicted
Photograph, Black & White
Hand written in grey pencil on the back of the photograph; 'Townsville 1912'
Type of item
Image Dimensions - Photograph
327 mm (Width), 300 mm (Height)