'Guide To The New York Aquarium' written by Charles Haskins Townsend and published by the New York Zoological Society, 1919. The book was used by the Exhibition Building Trustees as a reference for the aquarium at the Exhibition Building.

The aquarium, picture gallery and museum opened at the Exhibition Buildings in February 1885. On display were aquatic creatures, natural history specimens, antiquities, fine arts, a suit of armour worn by a member of the Kelly gang, a cyclorama, a children's theatre and a planetarium. The complex was destroyed by fire in 1953.

Physical Description

Printed book, contents as per title, bound with beige card and spine of green material, 170 pages. Front cover illustrated with pen drawings, Photographic images throughout and index included. Hard cover, with cover illustrations of sketched sea-horses among water weed.

More Information