Menu board used at the Old Lolly Shop, Carlton North, circa 1950-1975.

The Old Lolly Shop was a milk bar opened and run by Elizabeth and Henry Cohen at 314 Rathdowne Street, Carlton North, from 1939 to 1975.

Physical Description

Flat masonite backed board. Seven metal horizontal windows attached with tacks to front of board into which plastic stock labels are slid. Seven plastic stock labels and two background strips of marble green plastic are attached to this stand. Each label has printed in black the name-generic of items available for sale. Back of board is plain brown.

More Information