Summary

Miniature machine-sewn leather single shoe. It was made in Melbourne around 1925, and shown in a leather trades exhibition at the Melbourne Town Hall around this time.

The donor worked in the shoe trade for many years at Yates & Co boot and shoe Factory in Clifton Hill, so it is supposed that this shoe was made there. Factories such as them had a tradition of making examples of their shoes and boots in miniature, to display the craftsmanship of their workforce.

Physical Description

Black, single strap closure, fastened by small glass button. Another decorative strap fixed to either side of shoe sole.

More Information