Community feedback indicate that:
1. The photograph is pre-1920, as the roof of the Empire Hotel can be seen; this building was no longer there in 1920.
2. The battery building in the photo was opened in 1908 and the Long Tunnel Mine closed in 1914 and all buildings were removed within two years. W.H. Lee (Photographer) took these series of photos in approximately 1910.

Description of Content

The Long Tunnel Mine and the township of Walhalla.

More Information