Part of the Biggest Family Album collection of images comprising approximately 10,000 negatives documenting life in rural and regional Victoria dating from the 1890s to the 1940s.
Construction of the Mildura Weir began in August 1923 as part of an irrigation initiative by Commonwealth, Victoria, New South Wales and South Australian governments to manage the Murray River's waters. The water level and water pressure were raised by building locks, weirs and storage areas, combined with the irrigation pumps at Mildura and Red Cliffs. Lock 11 was completed in 1927.
Description of Content
Construction of Lock 11, Murray River, Mildura Weir.
Black & white 35mm photographic negative on cellulose acetate substrate
Copied from Donnie Byrne, 07 Dec 1987
Place & Date Depicted
Negative, 35 mm, Black & White
Type of item