Electrical switchboard and control panel for the No 3 pumping well electrical pump and motor. This equipment was built by Australian General Electric Pty Ltd and was installed in the South Engine Room in 1923. The original pump motors were imported British Thomson-Houston (BTH) driving centrifugal pumps made by Kelly & Lewis Pty Ltd in Springvale, Victoria. The pump units were reoplaced in 1950 by units made by Thompson & Co. in Castlemaine, Victoria but retaining the original BTH pump motors.

More Information