Summary

Black and white silver gelatin photograph taken from the corner of Elizabeth and Boyne Streets, Coburg, and looking north-west, gives a general landscape view of the construction site and the progress of the building construction, Kodak factory, Coburg,21 January 1958.

To the left of the photograph, Buildings 4 & 5 Roll and Sheet Film appear to be completed but yet to be fitted out; in the centre, Building 7 Testing is part completed; and to the right, the first structural steel columns are being erected for the Building 11 Power House. In the foreground is a sign displaying an artist's impression of the development and a listing of the architect's and builder's details.

Kodak manufactured and distributed a wide range of photographic products to Australasia, such as, film, paper, chemicals, cameras and miscellaneous equipment. Its client base included amateur and professional photographers as well as specialist medical and graphic art professionals who used photography, x-ray and other imaging techniques.

This photograph is part of the Kodak collection of products, promotional materials, photographs and working life artefacts collected from Kodak Australasia in 2005 after the manufacturing plant at Coburg had closed down the year before.

Description of Content

Image of landscape of the Coburg construction site looking north-west from the corner of Elizabeth and Boyne streets. A single storey low profile building to the left on the horizon appears to be completed outside, another two-storey building in the centre is still under construction, while to the right can be seen the first structural steel columns being erected for a higher profile building. In the right foreground is a sign displaying information about this project.

Physical Description

Black and white silver gelatin photograph printed on light weight paper, landscape format.

More Information