Black and white photograph of a Kodak shop interior, taken in the late 1930s, complete with a Kodachrome colour film demonstration room.
This image is part of the Kodak collection of products, promotional materials, photographs and working life artefacts collected from Kodak Australasia in 2005, when the Melbourne manufacturing plant at Coburg closed down.
Kodak manufactured and distributed a wide range of photographic products to Australasia, such as film, paper, chemicals, cameras and miscellaneous equipment. Its client base included amateur and professional photographers, as well as specialist medical and graphic art professionals who used photography, x-ray and other imaging techniques.
Description of Content
Interior of a photographic shop. There is a counter with posters in front of and behind it, as well as a stool for customers which is decorated like a box of film. There is a cabinet on the left side filled with products and a curtained door leading to a Kodachrome Demonstration room.
Black and white photograph on light weight paper; landscape format with white border.
Donation from Kodak (Australasia) Pty Ltd, Ms. Kate Metcalf - Kodak (Australasia) Pty Ltd, 2005
Courtesy of Kodak (Australasia) Pty Ltd.
1936 - circa 1940
Kodachrome film launched in 1936. Demonstration room indicates this was a new product when this photograph was taken.
Photograph, Black & White
Type of item
Image Dimensions - Photograph
110 mm (Width), 66 mm (Height)