This electric induction motor and speed controller unit is believed to be part of the control equipment for the General Electric pumps installed in the Nos 9 and 10 pumping wells in the North Engine Room in 1938. In March 1942 both pumps were removed and stored at Watsonia by the army for safekeeping in case of an air attack on the Spotswood Sewerage Pumping Station. They were re-installed in 1943 when the threat of attack had passed.

More Information