This electrical control panel unit is believed to have been installed in the South Engine Room as part of the second batch of electric pumping equipment installed in the Nos.3-4 & 6 Pumping Wells in 1923-4. This equipment was initially powered by electricity supplied by the Victorian Railway's Newport A power station. Most of the panel was made locally by Australian General Electric Pty Ltd (AGE) but some components are imported such as the British Thomson-Houston circuit breaker (UK) and the General Electric (USA) volt and wattmeters.

More Information