Exterior view of the Olympic Pool complex under construction. The building is covered by scaffolding, and is being viewed by a group of people. The complex was opened in 1956, in time for the Olympic Games held in Melbourne that year, and was the venue for the swimming and diving events.

This image is part of the Laurie Richards Collection at Museum Victoria comprising approximately 85,000 negatives taken by the Melbourne based Laurie Richards Studio between the 1950s -1970s. These negatives are all mostly large format [5"x 4"/ 12.5 x 10 cm], black and white images, though a significant number are in colour. The many photographic jobs that were undertaken in the course of thirty years are itemised in a set of log books, copies of which are also held by Museum Victoria.

Description of Content

Large building with sloping sides covered with scaffolding. A group of people stand nearby in front of a large sign. Cars are parked along side the road in front.

Physical Description

Black and white negative.

More Information