21-room, fully-furnished dolls' house, representing a typical English country house of the Georgian period that would have been built around 1740. Some interiors that have been remodelled to the taste of the imagined 'owners' up to about 1860. The house comes with boards showing construction materials and methods.
It was created by Felicity Clemons. She began working on it in the 1940s when her daughter Antonia, then about three years old, was given a three-roomed dolls' house by her grandmother. Mrs Clemons was not happy with its scale or authenticity and so began a rebuilding project which continued for a period of about 40 years and has resulted in a four-storey grand house, now known as Pendle Hall.
21 room, four storey dolls house, which depicts a grand fully-furnished Georgian style country house, presented in the mid 19th century with some remodelling representing new fashions in interior design. The house contains grand family rooms, and `below stairs' areas of the house, such as the kitchen, laundry and staff quarters.
Cultural Gifts Donation from Murray, Alister & Joanna, 25 Mar 2010
Donated through the Australian Government's Cultural Gifts Program.
Type of item
2185 mm (Width), 860 mm (Depth), 2270 mm (Height)
With side sections Closed.